Saturday, September 5, 2015

Little purple chapel

Early summer I took a ride up north to visit Luna Parc, a wonderful whimsical and artistic house and property, owned by Ricky. He's a mosaic artist as well as jewelry and installations. The property is all about repurposing and fabulous story telling via his many quirky, odd and interesting collections. 

Anyway, he had a chapel on his property and I became obsessed. It reminded me of some of the interesting little chapels and niches that i have  seen in my travels  to Mexico and Italy. 

I became fixated with creating my own; especially after the death of my beloved friend, Michele. So that's what I did. 

I started looking on Craigslist for a wood playhouse; figuring that would be the shell of my chapel. 



Honestly, the hardest part was figuring out how to get it home. Finally ended up renting a truck from Home Depot. 

We picked the spot and formulated our game plan (meaning me making sure my husband has thought of everything ahead of time, not later)

And so it began:








































So you can see how special my chapel/sanctuary  is. I go out there every morning, have coffee, water the garden, take photos, play with dogs and just be at peace. 


8 comments:

  1. Kecia- Your chapel is fabulous and inspiring and such a homage to you, Michele and anything you need to meditate on...well done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it treasure ... treasures, prayers, love all rolled into one xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it treasure ... treasures, prayers, love all rolled into one xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A true blessing by trusting and following your heart...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Kecia, I had to drag my husband in to see your purple chapel! This is wonderful! Such a beautiful place to honor and meditate with all of your special touches- thanks so much for sharing this! ")

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! You have done a wonderful job with making this absolutely amazing chapel. It looks super lovely and peaceful place to pray and relax.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a comment. always appreciated!

slide show!